My Photo
Name:

Je veux être la fille avec la plupart de gâteau. Regardez-moi dans la glace.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Madeline Glass. Make your own badge here.


09 February 2008

 

Eat Cake

For the third anniversary of Madeline in the Mirror I'll be giving you some of my favorite things.

First up, Cake's Short Skirt, Long Jacket, one of my favorite songs. As Miles points out, there's no real "singing" in the "song." Doesn't matter. Listen to the MP3 here.

I've been dancing around my house to these guys since, well, since roughly 1996. But this morning I had a serious Cake itch to scratch. The bass, the horns and the cabasa (THE CABASA!) are awesome, but dig the lyrics:

I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass
She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack


"Uses a machete to cut through red tape." Hells, yeah.

Damn Sony BMG and their DRM, but you have to see the video; linkable but not embeddable. So click on the cabasa (THE CABASA!) to watch. Hah.


cabasa.jpg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have thought Cake's use of the vibraslap would be more to your liking. Something about a good, "woody" rattling after being thumped ...

2/10/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home