My Photo
Name:

Je veux être la fille avec la plupart de gâteau. Regardez-moi dans la glace.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Madeline Glass. Make your own badge here.


05 November 2007

 

I Shot Myself: Rollermama

Actually, I feel like I shot myself, or someone else did: in the mouth. I just got back from an hour and a half at the periodontist. Suffice it to say that I'm eating a smoothie with a spoon, holding it on the left side of my oral cavity for as long as I can, and feeling the beginnings of a monsterfuck of a headache. If you want to be nosy and look up crown lengthening, make sure to do an image search. I'm sure it's full of good, bloody stuff.

Me, I'd rather look at cute things. Like Marena here. Aw, check out the rollerskates and stripey socks!




Uh, okay, now I'm starting to throb, and not in the good way. Maybe I should have taken the drugs Dr. Jeff gave me. Dumbass.

5 Comments:

Blogger figleaf said...

Eww! I had one of those things years ago and yeah, they suck. And not the nice way.

Good rule of thumb that my doc even told me but I didn't register: it hurts a lot around day four so don't be the kind of idiot I was and try to taper off your meds prematurely.

Good luck, Maddie,

figleaf

11/05/2007  
Blogger Wendy Blackheart said...

Just Remember - Vicodin + dairy = Bad.

My oral surgeon didn't mention that until after I called him and having my mother holler, coz I couldn't. *whimper*

Mouth pain sucks. Feel better!

11/06/2007  
Blogger Evil Minx said...

Hang on, let me get this straight:

You were given drugs, and you chose not to take them.

Why was that again...?

Wishing you better, poor thing... xxx

11/06/2007  
Blogger Madeline Glass said...

VICODIN?!

Noeffingway. I have way too many drug allergies (Demerol, Morphine, Naproxen & Ibuprofen) to screw around with that stuff.

Actually, I feel much better today. I've been on a strict regimen of Tylenol, salt water rinses (which I call lavages because it sounds cool: "Pardon me while I do my saline lavage"), and sleep.

I think the sleep is the best thing, but crazysweet emails from people who love me might be even better. Thanks!

11/06/2007  
Blogger Wendy said...

Lol, I almost never use drugs that strong, ever, for anything. Ever. Except that one other time with the Oxcycodon, and that was a terrible idea too.

But I was in such horrible pain, at having had three impacted wisdom teeth yoinked out at once, that I tried the Vicodin he gave me. Not fun. After that, I stuck with cold compresses, Ibprufin (however you spell it) and the wonderful company of my BFF.

Also, milkshakes. Milkshakes don't count when you have mouth pain. Its a medical fact.

11/13/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home