My Photo
Name:

Je veux être la fille avec la plupart de gâteau. Regardez-moi dans la glace.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Madeline Glass. Make your own badge here.


25 April 2005

 

Interesting

Dear Readers,

Yesterday I received a comment which puzzled me a bit. A reader called Jack in Austin, TX commented on my past post entitled "Thirteen." What puzzles me is this: why choose that particular post? And, oh, my goodness--could it be that I have reached a milestone in my young life as a blogger? Could it be that my life reads as a fictitious account?

Truthfully, if I was not living it I might not believe it, either. And if I weren't so tangled up in other bloggers' lives and writings it would be easy to dismiss Madeline as a character in my as-yet-unpublished novel.

Jack said:
Interesting.
I'm finding myself exploring different sexual avenues lately.
Maybe I should start a sex blog.
Interesting you don't post your face. Have you read belle de jour?

Madeline said...
Jack,
With all your other blogs, I'm sure a sex blog would fit right in! Yes, I've read a little bit of Belle, and I must say I'm intrigued by the idea that someday, some marvelous publisher might offer me a ridiculously large sum of money to turn my blog into a tome which garners few positive reviews.

I also read your post, "Blog Popularity," which raises some interesting issues, though I am inclined to take umbrage at a thinly veiled comparison of Belle de Jour's "pandering" blog and my own. Perhaps I am misreading your comments, but a sex worker not revealing his or her identity seems pretty rudimentary stuff, non?

I can assure you that since I'm doing nothing illegal (in most states, anyway), I would have no problem posting my face, as you do. I am not ashamed of my life, and though it may sound fantastic, I do not write fiction.

I do, however, live in a small town with a college full of Internet-surfing coeds and more Wi-Fi locations than you can shake a stick at. I am a fairly well-known person in my community, as well as a native of my town.

I am also a mother, and while I choose to share certain details of my life online, the rest must remain private for the sake of my children.

I'm curious: how did you come across my blog? Because if you want inspiration for an unbelievable sexblog, go to Jefferson's.

It is...how you say?
Interesting.

And it's all true.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth, fiction, or artistic license?

I don't think it would matter to me, at ALL. It's a beautifully written story, and even if it were all made up, I'd keep reading.

But I know Maddie. I have for almost 20 years. She was kind enough to include me as a part of HER story.

And I can verify that my part of her story is almost EXACTLY as I remember it. The only difference is that my car wasn't a Buick and had red vinyl seats. I'm guessing she changed that to protect my identity, just like she changed my name.

So I don't have any reason to doubt the rest of her story.

4/26/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home