My Photo
Name:

Je veux être la fille avec la plupart de gâteau. Regardez-moi dans la glace.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Madeline Glass. Make your own badge here.


08 January 2007

 

Problems

You're here. And you're expecting, maybe, a sex story or review of my new fabulous toys. But I can't post them right now, because I'm totally stressed out.

Did you know that child support isn't late until midnight on the the last day of the month? I sure as fuck didn't.

Now I do.

And I had a choice between paying rent and daycare for Jack. Rent won, and he's home with me until I can cough up five hundred bucks. This will, of course, make seeing clients difficult, but I really have no choice but to hope he'll sit quietly (Yeah, right,) and watch a video while I massage naked people in the other room.

You know, I hate being dependent on the money their dad is supposed to send. Hate. It. I hate feeling vulnerable. I know things will turn around and that this is just a bump in the road, but it feels like a fucking mountain.

I hate asking for help, it just seems weak. But I'm going to, because I'm doing everything else I can think of and getting nowhere.

There's a button on the side for "Mad's Mattress Fund." Usually I just leave it over there and don't think about it too much, but today I'm going to use it. I thought of changing the button to "Send Madeline's Kid to School," but that seemed inappropriate and weird, so I'm leaving it as is. Anything you could send would be hugely appreciated. Really. Even if it's a couple of dollars. Even if half of the people who read this blog in a day donated a dollar.

I know I sound like that guy from the Christian Children's Fund. But it's true. Sad, but true.

Feh, I apologize for this, and I know that you all are sweet and loyal readers who don't come here for stuff like this. Sometimes real life takes over. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Thanks to you all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need a sugar daddy.

1/08/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this makes me feel better twice a month when, like clockwork, i give my exwife child support.

this may not help, but I know if i jerked my ex around, she'd get the dept of child support on my ass and would have them garnishing my paycheck. with all the horrible child support stories i hear, i'd probably support that being the law.

1/09/2007  
Blogger Madeline Glass said...

First, let me just say thank you to everyone who took a moment to click over to the Amazon pay page; I really appreciate the generosity of friends like you. May the universe give you back ten times what you've given.

Anonymous 2: You do what your kids need you to do, and that's what's important. Of course there are enforcement channels here, but until the person is a month or more late, nothing is wrong, according to the courts. Thanks for being a stand-up person.

And Anonymous 1: What I need is for my children's daddy to be a responsible human being.

Unless, you know, you're offering.

1/09/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why you don't depend on a man.

1/09/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it is trite, but you are rich in other ways. Those just don't pay the rent

laurent

1/10/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is pretty standard practice where i live (upper midwest) for child support to be taken directly from paycheck. you may even coach it as a convenience for him-- after all, he's going to pay anyway, this just removes the hassle factor for him. the father (usually, could be a mother) doesn't have to be a deadbeat for garnishment to be setup. it just makes good sense and avoids conflicts and fights between the parents. we were going to set it up for that reason but were too lazy.

and I only have 1 kid (with a possible one on the way with a different woman, but that's a g'damn disaster in it's own way, for my blog)

anonymous 2

1/11/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm, ok i apologize for the stupid sugar daddy comment. how much for one of those naked massages?

original anon #1

1/11/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home